Deal sourcing and screening of new opportunities, mainly through word-of-mouth referrals
Initial due diligence to gain understanding on business model, financials and management team
Develop prototype together with entrepreneur to validate the business, operation and impact model
(typically 9 – 12 months)
Determine investment terms, growth plans and forms of collaboration post-investment; prepare appraisal document for Board’s approval
Post-investment, we will continue to provide extra-financial support to help develop the business of portfolio ventures. Portfolio ventures shall provide regular updates on financials, business needs and social / environmental impact.
We have developed the SVhk IMPACT Spiral to assess potential investments that we come across.
The framework considers six areas of social and business impact:
- Innovation: achieving social impact with scale and depth
- Market: solution that captures demand competitively
- People: demonstrating commitment and capability
- Alignment: working well together
- Continuity: ensuring business sustainability
- Transformation: driving systematic change in society